Six children’s writers appear in the Top 10 Most Borrowed in UK libraries.
See the latest PLR data
Children’s Borrowing still on the increase …the crucial role played by libraries in encouraging children to read is also confirmed by the latest figures (CIPFA) which show that children’s fiction borrowing from UK libraries has risen for the past seven years.
81.8 million children’s fiction titles were borrowed during 2011/12, up from 74 million in 2005/06.
Children’s books now represent 37.4% of all books borrowed, up from 35.9% last year.
Seven authors clocked up over 1 million loans in 2011-2012:
1. James Patterson
2. Daisy Meadows
3. Julia Donaldson
4. Nora Roberts
5. Francesca Simon
6. Jacqueline Wilson
7. M C Beaton
You can check out the borrowing habits of the nation here: PLR
Your message can go with those books!
Free Library Bookmarks to 36 million UK Public Library Members.
- 27 million people visit UK public libraries every month
- 4,500 library points in the UK.
- Reading books at home is the UK’s fifth most popular pastime.
- More people visit libraries than go to football matches or tourist attractions.
- 58% of the population are library members… …